Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Discovery Tours - Review

I am in the process of planning a Mediterranean cruise with my husband and six other couples. Once we had picked the cruise, the next step was to plan excursions in the different ports. There is so much to see in three ports in particular (Rome, Florence and Naples) that we felt it a necessity to book with a tour company.

After doing a lot of research and number crunching, we narrowed it down to Discovery Tours (http://www.discoveryguidedtours.com/default.asp?page=US100) and Rome In Limo (http://www.romeinlimo.com/). Both companies had good reviews online and had similar price scales. I don’t know what swayed our decision, but we decided to book all three tours (about $4,000 USD) with Discovery Guided Tours.

I always hate to admit when I’m wrong, but I am starting to think I made a mistake choosing Discovery. We booked our tours in April and haven’t heard anything from them since. I have tried contacting the company numerous through both their general e-mail address along with sending a direct e-mail to the owner. All e-mails have gone unanswered.

This week I will be discussing the situation with the rest of our group. Hopefully all will agree to cancel the tour with Discovery and change our bookings to Rome In Limo. I am having nightmares of being left in a beautiful country with no way to see all the wonderful sights. I would definitely caution against others booking with Discovery. For peace of mind, choose another tour company.

As a side note, I will post if I do hear back from Discovery and what our group chooses to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment