Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tad's Steakhouse - San Francisco - Review

I know that food is a pretty subjective topic and quality can be hit or miss, so please keep that in mind when reading this review.

Since Tad's Steakhouse (http://www.tadssteaks-sf.com/index.html) is located in a high traffic area on Powell Street, my husband and I walked past this restaurant many times on our vacations to San Francisco, but never made it in. On this trip, we made it a point to eat there since it was always pretty busy when we walked by. On their website, their motto is: “Our motto at Tad's remains the same through the years— Top Quality Meals at Value Prices”. With that in mind, my husband ordered Tad's Famous Steak special cut for $13.79 and I ordered the 1/2 broiled chicken for $9.49; both included a small salad, baked potato, and garlic toast.

The salad was okay, but then again…how can you screw up a salad? My husband ordered his steak medium, and based on the color of the meat, I believe it was. With that said, there should have been more juices running out of the meat, it was just terribly dry and I noticed that he used steak sauce, which he never does. Also worth noting, the steak was of low quality and extremely fatty. Now, moving onto my chicken, this was also extremely dry and didn’t have much flavor. The baked potato was good, about the only part of the meal that I ate. The garlic bread was weird. I took one bite and didn’t even want to take another. It wasn’t good at all.

On our next trip to San Francisco, we will definitely avoid this place. I might have been willing to give it another chance if one of our meals was good, but both were almost inedible. In fact, after we left Tad’s, we went to get ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. Tad's rules! I think you were very much setting your expectations a bit differently than what the place is geared for...

    ReplyDelete