Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Discovery Expedition - Projection Alarm Clock

We were having guests for the holidays, so I thought it would be cute to purchase the Discovery Expedition - Projection Alarm Clock for the guest room.  Well, I was sadly mistaken!

Discovery Expedition Time & Temp Projections Alarm Clock displays thetime, date, indoor & outdoor temperature & projects them both on to the ceiling to soothing sounds once the alarm clock is activated.
Wake up to the soothing sounds of nature with a Discovery Expedition Alarm Clock 
  • Enjoy any of clock radio's six nature sounds at the touch of a button
  • Alarm projects time and indoor/ outdoor temperature display on any wall
  • Wirelessly transmits the outdoor temperature directly from the remote 3-channel sensor to the clock
  • Nature sounds include ocean waves, fireplace, flowing stream, paradise, spring rain and dusk
  • Built-in AM/FM radio tuner with dual alarm function
  • Daylight savings
  • Digital alarm clock with alarm and snooze
  • Model number 1626283
  • Dimensions: 6 in.x 3 in.x 6 in.
Nothing about this product is what I expected.  The projection is ridiculous, you have to have it next to the wall you want to project the time on. It only projects behind it & not on the ceiling, and its only inches big. And the nature sounds are like a fuzzy radio sound, nothing soothing to them at all.

At first, the outside temp wouldn't work.  So, my husband reset it.  Then the inside temp wouldn't adjust.  So, my husband reset it.  This did not fix the problem.  My house is now supposedly a consistent 59.4 degrees according to this clock.  Fantastic!

Overall, I am VERY disappointed in this purchase.  I left it in the guest room, my company got a kick out of it.  I left the projection off since it was simply ridiculous. For how often our guest room is used, I will keep it since I didn't realize how poor quality it was until after the return date.  On the bright side, I do like that the outside temp works now.  About the only positive feature.

Please save your money!

No comments:

Post a Comment